【英語宅急便】HELP! HELP! I don't want my legs to be the drumsticks for sharks!
Rachell: Hey, how're you doing? It's good to see you coming home safe and sound.Rachell: 嗨,你好嗎?看到你平安的回家我真開心。
Irwin: Hi, Rachell. Yeah,it was really close.Irwin: 嗨,Rachel。是阿,剛才當時真是驚險。
Rachell: I believe so. But such an encounter of being saved by dophins from sharks' bites is a million dollar chance of a lifetime! Come on, tell me the story again, I wanna hear it with my own ears.Rachell: 我想也是,不過被海豚救出鯊魚的血盆大口,這可是一生中千載難逢的奇蹟啊,欸,再跟我說一次那個故事,我要親耳再聽一次啦!
Irwin: I thought you've heard it on TV news for heaps of times. Give me a break, please.Irwin: 我想你應該在電視新聞聽過很多次了吧,拜託,饒了我吧。
Rachell: Pleeeeeeeeease.......tell me the story.....pleeeeeeese.Rachell: 拜託!告訴我啦!求求尼!
Irwin: Ok,ok. Don't be such a drama queen. I'll tell the story. Well, that day, Percy and I and other 3 mates from the diving club. We went to Port Lincoln for scuba diving, as you may have heard from the news. We'd been there a couple of times before. So, we did everything as usual, and we knew what we were doing.Irwin: 好,好啦,別這麼噁心,我會跟你講啦。就是那天,我跟Percy還有其他三個游泳俱樂部的夥伴去Port Lincoln浮潛,就像你從新聞聽到的那樣。我們之前已經去過那邊好幾次了,所以我們一如往常的浮潛,我們很清楚我們在幹麻。
Rachell: Then what happend?!!!Rachell: 然後呢!?發生什麼事了!?
Irwin: Why are you so excited, my "queen"? You know what happened.Irwin: 你幹麻這麼興奮?我的皇后,你明明就知道發生什麼事了。
Rachell:Ok, I'm cool. Keep going! Keep going!Rachell: 好好好,我很冷靜,繼續講阿,繼續講!
Irwin: Then, after we dived into the water, only about half an hour later, we saw a pod of bottlenose dolphins. I can't recall how many of them came steaming at us.Irwin: 然後,我們潛進水裡之後,過了差不多半小時左右,我們看到一群寬吻海豚,我記不得有多少隻海豚衝著我們來。
Rachell: Why didn't you just try to give way to them?Rachell: 你們為什麼不讓條路給他們過啊?
Irwin: Do I look like a dophin or any other marine creatures? Or do you see any webs growing between my fingers and toes?Irwin: 我看起來像是海豚或是什麼海中生物嘛?還是你看到我的手指和腳趾之間長出蹼嗎?
Rachell: No? Though your hair sometimes does look a lionfish.Rachell: 不...雖然你的頭髮有時像是隻獅子魚。
Irwin: Yeah, thanks for the praise. But it still didn't make me swim faster than they did under the water.Irwin: 是啊,謝謝你們的讚美,但這樣還是無法讓我遊得跟那些海豚獅子魚一樣快。
Rachell: Yeah, that's fair enough. Then, did you get hit by them? Or did you try to catch one of them?Rachell: 噢,那真是公平(?),然後呢?你們有被他們攻擊嗎?還是你們有試著去抓一隻來?
Irwin: Yeah, I tried to catch one and ride on it's back. Like the movie, "Whale Rider", I wanted to be the first wild dolphin rider on the south hemisphere.Irwin: 是啊,我試著去抓一隻來,然後騎到他的背上,就像是電影“鯨騎士”那樣,我想當南半球第一個野生海豚騎士。
Rachell: Haha, that'll be ludicrous though, you'll definitely hit the headlines on newspapers, and the title could be "Maniac Young Lad on Misfortunate Dolphin"Rachell: 哈哈,那真是太扯了,你一定會上報紙頭條,標題鐵定會是“誇張!衰海豚遇上瘋狂青年”。
Irwin: And the title can be attached with a comic picture of me lunatically riding on a dolphin with a miserable look.Irwin: 然後標題旁邊一定會有插畫:我面帶痛苦的表情,白爛的騎在海豚上。
Rachell: What a selling point, isn't it.Rachell: 這真是個賣點,不是嗎?
Irwin: Yeah, absolutely it is. Can we be serious now, back onto the track?Irwin: 當然是,別鬧了,我們可以重回正題嗎?
Rachell: Hey, you started it by telling me riding on a dolphin. Anyway, I'll read the news myself if I wanna know more details. HAHA!Rachell: 喂,這是你說我騎在海豚上才開始的耶,無論如何,我想知道細節的話我會去看新聞,哈哈。
Irwin: Good on ya. Just want to make fun of me.Irwin: 好樣的,你在耍我嘛。
| drumstick | 雞腿 | lose | 驚險的 |
| cool | 冷靜的 | recall | 記得 |
| pod | 一群 | marine | 海洋的 |
| web | 蹼 | lionfish | 獅子魚 |
| hemisphere | 半球 | ludicrous | 可笑的;荒唐的 |
| maniac | 發狂的 | lad | 年輕男子 (英) |
| misfortunate | 不幸的 | lunatically | 瘋癲的;精神錯亂的 |
| miserable | 痛苦的 | | |
| | | | |
| safe and sound | 安然無恙 |
| a million dollar chance | 千載難逢的機會 |
| give me a break | 饒了我吧 |
| a drama queen | 愛演戲、無理取鬧的人;愛假仙的人 |
| come steaming at | 對著...直直衝來 |
| give way to | 讓路給... |
| back onto the track | 回到正題 |
| good on ya = good on you | 好樣的;幹得好`(英) |
延伸閱讀:
- (BBC) Dolphins protect swimmers from shark
- (Guardian) Dolphins save swimmers from shark
- Dolphin
- Dolphins and Man.....Equals?
...我個人覺得這篇寫的很爛
4 意見:
a drama queen 愛演戲、無理取鬧的人;愛假仙的人 →度雲天
看到這種東西我直接跳過
怎麼辦
英文小精靈已離我遠去...
...
英文小精靈是什麼鳥
生物名
http://zh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E7%B2%BE%E9%9D%88&variant=zh-tw
張貼意見