【英語宅急便】Space tourism? Come on, be realistic!
From: 臺大視聽教育館教育館英語學習報第033期
Annie: Honey...Annie: 北鼻...
Wayne: Yes, babe? (Wayne is reading online news)Wayen: 怎麼啦,寶貝?
Annie: How are we going to plan for the holiday?Annie: 我們假期有什麼計劃啊?
Wayne: What holiday?Wayne: 什麼假期?
Annie: The Moon Festival! Don't you remember that?Annie: 中秋節啊!難道你忘了嗎?
Wayne: Oh..yeah..yeah. I remember. That's a four-day holiday this year. So then, what do you reckon? Any two cents to put in?wayne: 哦..對噢,我想起來了。今年放四天假耶,對中秋節你有什麼意見嗎?
Annie: Just no more BBQ please. I'm really sick and tired of BBQ.Annie: 就是不要再烤肉了,我已經厭倦了無止盡的烤肉。
Wayne: Why? That's a must for the Moon Festival. We always lap it up every year.Wayne: 為什麼?烤肉是中秋節必備良藥耶,我們每年都要享受香噴噴的烤肉。
Annie: I know that's ripper. We can just have a laid back afternoon and have a hell lot of yummy tucker.Annie: 我知道那不錯,可以在慵懶的午後享受一大堆美食。
Wayne: And get a slab all the time. Then I will be in my element.Wayne: 還有喝酒,太爽了。
Annie: You drunkard.Annie: 你這酒鬼。
Wayne: I'm not a drunkard. I just like being tipsy sometimes.Wayne: 我才不是酒鬼,我只是有的時候想要來點微醺。
Annie: Yeah, you bet. (Annie gently smacks Wayne's head while saying this.)Annie: 好吧,當然。(Annie溫柔的打一下Wayne的頭。)
Wayne: Ouch, what's that for?Wayne: 傲歐,幹麻打我?
Annie: That's for waking you up and not looking at me when I'm talking to you.Annie: 這是要打醒你,還有在我跟你講話的時候竟然不看著我。
Wayne: Ok, I'm sorry. (Wayne is still looking at the screen while saying this)...Hey, have a look at this news. They'd got another rich bloke rocketed up to the space.Wayne: 好吧,對啟。(Wayne在講話時依然看著銀幕)...嘿,看看這則新聞,一群有錢的小子飛去外太空。
(Both of them are reading through the news)(他們兩個一直在看那個新聞)
Wayne: Wooo, the damage to his bank account was surely enormous.Wayne: ㄨˋ,他銀行的存款應該少了一大半吧。
Annie: I don't think so. That could be just the tip of the iceberg of his money.Annie: 我不覺得,這筆錢對他來說應該只是冰山一角吧。
Wayne: That's really off the beaten track. What do you think we would do if we were up there, on the moon?Wayne: 那真是一個杳無人煙的地方,妳覺得我們在月亮上會幹麻?
Annie: For the Moon Festival?Annie: 妳說在中秋節的時候?
Wayne: Yeah.Wayne: 是阿
Annie: What a mind-boggling idea. Well then, there won't be a full moon that night. That's for sure. But probably we can see a "full earth" instead.Annie: 真是個特別的主意,但在哪裡是看不到滿月的,但我們可能可以看到“滿地球”。
Wayne: Yeah, do you think we can see Taiwan from there? Probably we can if they've got a really big Sky Lantern Festival in Pinghsi.Wayne: 是啊,你覺得我們可以從那邊看到地球嗎?假如平溪那邊有放天燈的話搞不好可以。
Annie: Sky lantern? What are you on about? Do you wanna row a Dragon boat as well?Annie: 天燈?妳在說什麼?我看妳乾脆連龍舟也一起看好了。
Wayne: Oh yeah, we don't have lanterns for the Moon Festival. So then we can mosey around with some fat-laden mooncakes in our bags, and probably hunt a couple of Jade Rabbits for BBQ!Wayne: 噢,也對,中秋節沒人在放天燈的。那我想我們可以一邊吃著熱量很高的月餅一邊散散步,順便獵幾之玉兔來烤肉!
Annie: Yeah, you bet. Jade Rabbits. And it's gonna be even better with some local brewed lager, isn't it?Annie: 玉兔,沒錯,順便來幾手啤酒是吧?
Wayne: Yeah, that'll be awesome.Wayne: 對對對,那會更好。
Annie: You helpless drunkard!Annie: 妳這無可就藥的酒鬼!
Vabulary:
| ripper | 很棒的 | bloke | =guy |
| yummy | =delicious | enormous | 巨大的;龐大的 |
| tucker | =food | mosey | 隨意走走、晃晃;漫步 |
| drunkard | 酒鬼 | Jade | 玉 |
| tipsy | 微薰 | brewed | 釀造的 |
| smack | 拍;打 | lager | 啤酒的一種 |
Phrase:
| any two cents to put in? | 有什麼意見嗎? |
| sick and tired of | 非常的厭煩 |
| a must | 一定要做的事 |
| lap it up | 很享受某件事情 |
| laid back | 悠閒、慵懶 |
| a hell lot of | 很多的;一大堆的 |
| get a slab | 拿著酒瓶啜飲 |
| in my element | 覺得自在舒服 |
| the tip of the iceberg | 冰山一角 |
| off the beaten track | 人跡罕至的地方 |
| mind-boggling | 令人感到驚奇的 |
| What are you on about? | 你在想什麼啊? or 你在說什麼啊? |
| fat-laden | 脂肪或熱量很高的 |
(Reuters) Space Tourist Returns to Earth
(CBC News) Civilians in space FAQs
(ABC Science Online) Space tourism blasts off into legal mire
3 意見:
Thanks mate, for posting my work here!
襪考
是作者嗎
我有著名出處喔
張貼意見